Thursday, December 5, 2013

                For my final project I do want to take the traditional approach with a chapbook. I know a really good book making place that allows me to what I want and put what I want on the page. I’d really like to have my poem on a page in different forms and structures, with a picture/pictures in the back ground that would allow me to fully encapsulate my poems (with nature specifically). I’d take all the pictures at different locations, much like I did with my video project. But I’d go to different locations or back to the locations that inspired my poem. Like the poem ‘the park’ which is the park right by my house that is beautiful in winter. I’d want to take pictures there, around my house, in the empty rundown buildings in lower town, more train tracks, and another place that really tries to mix both, which I haven’t found yet.

1 comment:

  1. Ben- As you're having the book done, it's a good call to add some pictures which takes it further. What is the place you're thinking of? As for the pictures- of course now they'll all be snow shots which reads pretty differently than it would have a couple weeks ago. What you've worked pretty consistently in your poems are ideas- often the boundary between man/nature.
    One way to push things to the next level would be to consider that issue in some new poems, or perhaps a longer poem that takes the idea further. It's an old, challenging question that warrants consideration.

    ReplyDelete